Indian Coast Guard Exams
Indian Coast Guard Exam Recruitment:
Indian Coast Guard has released the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment notification for the posts of Officers Entry, Navik (GD & DB) & Yantrik Technical.
1. Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the Indian Coast Guard Posts must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the Indian Coast Guard application form. Candidates must be 10th, +2, Degree & Diploma passed from a recognized institution with Maths and Physics as their subjects. Must also have scored at least an aggregate mark of 50% in class 10. Besides that, a relaxation in the percentage aggregate of 5% will be given for SC/ ST candidates and for outstanding sportspersons.
Note that, the candidates who have passed from ‘Open Schools’ not recognized by the government/ AICTE are not eligible.
Note that physically challenged candidates are not eligible for the post.
|Category||Educational Qualification||Age Limit|
|Officers||Degree Pass||18 to 22 years|
|Navik (GD)||10th Pass||18 to 22 years|
|Navik (DB)||10th +2 Pass||18 to 22 years|
|Yantrik Technical||Diploma Pass||18 to 22 years|
Qualification: 10th, +2, Degree & Diploma Pass.
2. Written Examination:
A written exam will be conducted for the post of Officers, Navik (GD & DB) and , Yantrik Technical which consist of questions which are objective in nature. The Indian Coast Guard Syllabus consists of the following subjects as listed below.
- General Sciences
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General English
- General Awareness (Current Affairs and GK)
- Reasoning (Verbal and Non- verbal)
3. Indian Coast Guard Navik Syllabus
The Indian Coast Guard written exam will be of objective type. The Indian Coast Guard Syllabus is different for the different posts. The Indian Coast Guard Navik Syllabus consists of various subjects.
Candidates who interested in Indian Coast Guard Exam can get the details of the syllabus and scheme below.
The minimum age limit is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 22 years.
4. Indian Coast Guard Exams – Selection Process
Candidates will be selected for the subsequent stages as per the selection process listed below:
- The applications received for the posts will be scrutinized and only eligible and appropriate applications will be accepted. The officials will also mention the reason for the rejection of the application form if the application is rejected.
- In the next step the e- admit card will be released. Candidates will have to carry all the required documents to the exam centre for verification. Only valid applications will be considered for further processing
- Candidates will then have to attend the written test and candidates clearing the written test will be called for Physical Fitness Test.
- Candidates clearing both these tests will go through a medical examination to get shortlisted for the training.
- However, candidates failing to complete the training will not be considered for further selection. Successful trainees will then be included in the final merit list.
5. Documents to Be Carried at the Indian Coast Examination Centre
Candidates will have to carry these documents along with the Indian Coast Guard admit card . These documents are to be submitted at the examination centre. Candidates will have to carry both original and attested photocopies of the certificates. The original documents will be returned after verification.
- Three copies of pre-filled e-admit card
- Two copies of the application form
- Class 10 pass certificate/ matriculation certificate and mark sheet (in original)
- Ten copies of passport size photographs with a blue background.
- Photo ID Proof Such as Driving licence, voter ID, aadhar card, passport, etc
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Sports certificate (if applicable)